Friday, December 29, 2006

Glenn "Jackass" Schwartz Revises Winter Storm Forecast

In November, there were several factors in favor of cold and snow, especially in January and February. But at least four of those factors have changed significantly in just a short period of time! I realize I’m a weather forecaster, but I didn’t see this coming. I’m a jackass.

Other factors are in the North Pacific and North Atlantic. Look at the pattern in November, and the current pattern. What a change! This cold water has led to those western storms and flooding the country with warm air. Got to admit, didn’t see that coming. Not at all.

In the Atlantic, an area of warm ocean waters was supposed to lead to a negative NAO pattern, which often leads to winter storms. Now, the warm water has disappeared, and the NAO has been way too positive. You’d have to be a "Genie" to know that was going to happen. Besides, my ridiculously undersized head is shoved up my ass all the way to my bowtie. Can't see the warm ocean waters from inside my anus.

The result: It's warm all over the U.S., over Canada, over Europe, and even over Asia (not to mention warm inside my sphincter). One has to wonder if global warming has a hand in this, too (or if I’m completely incontinent. I mean incompetent).

With the El Nino weakening, I'm not giving up on winter, but I am willing to accept reality. January is at least going to start mild. By February, if I’m not out of a job, we may see some snow.

I'm now cutting my snow total in half: to 15 to 20 inches, with still one big snowstorm in February. If we don’t get any snow by the end of February, I’m going to update my winter forecast again, and once again cut the predictions, this time down to 1-5 inches.

For temperatures, I'm going 3 degrees above normal for January and then 2 degrees below normal for February and March. Except in my sphincter, where all of my hot air may lead to 12 degrees above normal, with wet, humid and somewhat soupy conditions throughout the entire winterduh.
What's most disappointing about all of this is that I guess my Glenn Schwartz Predictor Scale or "GSPS" is a total waste of time and energy, and I'm sure I'll take more than a little ribbing over that until things blow over. I can't believe I spent all of that time making that stupid scale. I just feel so worthless. I mean, any old lady on the street would have known that the 30-40 inches predicted by the GSPS weren't going to happen. I’m a jackass.

By File Boy

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Besides, my ridiculously undersized head is shoved up my ass all the way to my bowtie" (that about sums it up)

Between your love of hunting and your love of snow, I'd say you have yourself a new quarry, don't you think? Just aim for the bowtie! Its just north of center.

I'm thinking with it being as warm as it's been so far (for the record, I haven't once taken my gloves out of the closet or buttoned my coat - assuming I wear one - )you'll be lucky if you can get a cup of water to freeze overnight between now and spring! Forget snow man! You want snow? Go to Washington State. They're gonna get plenty this year.

If you get too bummed out, call me up one Sunday. I'll come over and we can paint rocks white and throw them at each other.

3:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll go out on a limb here and provide to all of you the FBPMF ("File Boy Prediction Mas Fina")...

Look for snow to occur in the mid atlantic sometime between 1/12 and 1/18/07.

As far as hanging out on a Sunday, any time man. It would be fun to throw rocks, blow up stuff and possibly shoot something. Seems fitting.

3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - that's a pretty narrow prediction. Very brave of you. Wait . . . do I hear what I think I hear? I think I hear Glenn Schwartz clapping. Wait there's more. >hark< Schwartz says he's got your 3 inches right here! He says if his head wasn't up his own ass, he'd let you give him a ride!
Wow. Pretty foul mouth for a guy wearing a bowtie!!

4:32 PM  
Blogger S'girl said...

fileboy, I just checked: Philly to Denver on Southwest $109. I understand they have enuf snow to cover Glenn's ass and yours -- "DING"

4:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I think you'll all be sad when you realize my serious weather powers... muhahahahaha

Seriously, snow during that week. Mark it down. I hear there's a car dealer in Dover who will knock off 5 grand on anyone's loan who buys a car on the 15th if 6 or more inches falls on that day. I'm not saying it will fall on the 15th, but that's n in the time frame.

Glennicane can go pound sand.

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hangman
Free content provided by The Free Dictionary