Thursday, June 07, 2007

Some Fun With Mathburgers.

Everyone is familiar with the basic cheeseburger. Delicious and understated, this sandwich is made with the following equation:

1 patty + 2 buns + ketchup + mustard + one slice cheese +onion shavings = delicious burger.



The double cheesburger is a simple variation of the cheeseburger where the above equation is represented by "a" as follows:
a + 1 burger + 1 cheese = double cheeseburger.

If then the double cheeseburger equation is represented by a "b", we can say that a BigMac is represented by the following equation:
b + 1 slice bread - ketchup + (-mustard) + special sauce + grass clippings = Big Mac.


Now, there is no conversion for the Quarter Pounder from the ordinary cheeseburger equations, but we can say that if c = a quarter pound of meat then the quarter pounder can be represented with the following equation:
a + (-burger patty + c) = quarter pounder. (Of course we'll have to overlook the fact that the bread in a is not as large as the typical c bread, but let's just pretend they're the same size.)


The double quarter pounder, the enjoyment of which is perhaps the best representation of what it is to be American can be reduced to the following equation:

a + (-burger patty + 2c) + 1 slice cheese = double quarter pounder.
Yeah that's right, the triple is next. We can represent the triple thus:
a + (-burger patty + 3c) + 2 slices of cheese = triple quarter pounder.



Finally, we have the "Quad stacker" or the full pounder. You might give the following equation to the person taking your order at the drivethru (or you could just say: "pound me"):

a + (-burger patty + 4c) + 3 slices cheese = pound me good.



For the time being we only have one fish sandwich product (offered by various vendors) which equation is:
Where x=filet 'o fish,
a + (-burger patty + x) + (-slice of cheese) + tartar sauce = filet 'o fish.


Finally we have the following equation to represent the McRib:
a + (-burger patty + garbage) + y = McRib
where y = melted garbage or "sauce"

by File Boy









5 Comments:

Blogger S'girl said...

DAMN, I'M HUNGRY!!!!

Cld I pls have

a + 1 burger + (-2 cheese) -- I'm trying to cut back on the processed food product!!!!

5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, Fileboy, this is just delightful. This post just wouldn't be the same without these wonderful pictures. They get more gross as the beef quantity increases - dare I say, Exponentially?

Bravo. I had a double cheese burger at Wendy's the other night. It was tasty. Just think how much fun you could have with your post if you took into consideration the fact that Wendy's burgers are square. Now geometry enters the picture along with cubing and area. There's probably a formula in there somewhere to figure out obesity. I think you're on to something.

5:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny you should mention the square-ness of the Wendy's burger patties. Fileboy and I had a rather long discussion on the burger equations where we did factor in the shape of the Wendy's burger.

So, we have circles and squares... but what kind of shape is the McRib? I don't recall learning that in Geometry.

6:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The McRib - I'd like to think its a Rombus, but it may be an oval. It does have elliptical properties.

While it may be fun to do describe the shape of the McRib in a geometric equation, it is just as sufficient to describe the sandwich with an algebraic equation.

Where z = slab of undifferentiated meat biproducts, we might reduce the McRib to the following equation:

z + gastric juices = delicious meal + 2(hours) = McDiarhea

8:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll tell you something else. I've experienced some embarassment while ordering a double quarter pounder and have never experienced the triple or the full pounder and I think that's a shame. I certainly haven't ever crossed over the magical "pounder" line into multi-poundings. As it is, I'll only order the double QP when whoever I'm with knows I missed the previous meal, I just did some huge task (like splitting logs all day) or if they are also ordering a double QP. What sucks is that you should feel any shame for this indulgence. We are in America aren't we? You know, I dream of a day when we can pull up to the menu at the fast food restaurant and without any shame just tell the imbecile taking our orders to "pound me". If there's more than one being ordered you can say "pound me twice".

I'd like to at least once before I die go and get a double pounder. Yeah that's right, double pounder. I'd like to order it without shame and eat it while I'm in my car pulled over on the side of the road, just me and my two pounds of meat. The grease dripping down my chin and scalding cheese stuck to (and removing the skin from) the roof of my mouth. I think its that dream that keeps me going most days.

Sometimes I also wish there were bigger fries than just large. You can't get super sized anymore. They ought to give us the mini-bucket of fries. It could be a small pale and would come with a shovel like the kids use at the beach.

I see the order happening like this:

"Hi, yeah...I'd like a mini-bucket, a 4 litre diet coke, and pound me twice please, with cheese of course."

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hangman
Free content provided by The Free Dictionary