Monday, October 30, 2006


Fun with Numbers

If you're familiar with the Bible, you know that we are supposed to be on the look-out for the anti-christ, and his famous 666 number (editor: While there is some argument that 666 was derived from a mistranslated piece of text and should have been 616, for the purposes of this article we'll just say its 666).

According to the Bible, during the end-times, the anti-christ will make his appearance on the world's stage and promise peace and security, provided you have the number of the beast.

Revelation 13:18 reads, "Here is wisdom. He who has understanding, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man. His number is six hundred sixty-six.”

Some theologians argue that taken literally, this Bible verse gives us clues to the identity of the anti-christ. I recently stumbled onto a website that provides a tool for performing such calculations. Calculate the number using Gematria

This is a fun exercise. You simply type in a person's name (any name) and it gives you their "number". If you want more of an explanation of how this works you'll have to go to the site and do some reading. I recommend you bring the kids in and have them type in their teacher's names to see if in fact, their teachers are the anti-christ. You may want to try typing in your boss's name, or the names of political leaders. I don't want to give away any of the fun, but "Mark of Beast", "bio-implant", "sorceries", "US of America" and "necromancy" all equal 666. There are many more.

Enjoy!

by File Boy

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enough. I have work to do. I can't spend another moment on that site. God forbid someone check the history of my computer. But why, oh why (I cry out from the depth of my soul)... why can't I get ANYTHING I write to equal 666? NO one I know... No phrases that I put together... Not even when I put a slight twist on it- even if it means being grammatically incorrect which is something I detest. But no.
I also spent way too much time reading about the Arc and other subjects I know about on some level but didn't remember that I knew but I don't know that I knew for sure, you know?

4:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about DennisTKO = 666.

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hangman
Free content provided by The Free Dictionary