Monday, February 12, 2007

So tell me one more time why you live all the way out here?

That's the question I hear from most of my friends and relatives whenever they decide to come visit. My brother was down last weekend and his (carney-esque) girlfriend came down. Her question to my brother: "Why does he live all the way out in the boondocks, duhert?" (ok I added the "duhert")

In the spring and summer after working outside all day, its great to hop in the truck, pull the windows down, turn on some good driving music and go for a drive in the country. We like to see how many deer we can count on our drives. We stop if we see a turtle or snake and help it off the road. We always have a camera or two with us when we go. Most of the time we'll see something cool at the far end of a field (like an albino deer for example), take a picture of it and then we're disappointed when we get the film developed and see nothing more than a white dot off in the distance. We've talked about getting a zoom lens, but to date have yet to get one (price tag). I've also thought about getting a spotting scope (they mount to your window and you can get right in on whatever you're looking at).

Last fall (October maybe) we went for a ride and there were small bands of showers blowing through as an early season cold front was passing through the area. We stopped the truck on an abandoned country road and my girlfriend took these pictures. I'll just let the images express themselves.

(Above) I remember looking out over this field and thinking that it looked like a soft green blanket. You can see a sheet of raindrops in the distance making their way across this field.


This is a little forgotten lane in southern New Castle, there are no houses in any direction (rare in New Castle). Beautiful no matter which way you turn.

by File Boy

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooooooooooohhhhh!

More like this please.
Nice pictures.
I especially like the little lane with no houses on it.

The only think on my wish list at the moment (besides world peace) is a new Cannon digital camera with 8 or < megapixal resolution! A killer zoom would be nice too, but you're right, they're pricey.

4:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, it's Tuesday and it's snowing and FB is nowhere to be seen on the internet, which can only mean one thing - SICK DAY!/SNOW DAY!

Hurry back

4:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I took tuesday off so I could stay at home and dork out with my weather channel and thermometers, etc... What a disappointment, but then again, this is typical in this area. Freezing rain = useless.

11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you Gay?

2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're gay.

2:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come on rainbows?

2:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard anonymous will come on anything!

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bend over d.t.

9:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was actually a post card I received from anonymous during his trip to san fransisco. If you flip the card over it said "OOoh, Its Fabulous out here. Gotta run! I'm late for my facial"

11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I probably shouldn't have cast my pearls before the swine.

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hangman
Free content provided by The Free Dictionary