Monday, February 19, 2007


Mummified Man Found In Front Of TV

Police Say Man Did The Mash, The Monster Mash

HAMPTON BAYS, N.Y. -- A man's body was found in his home more than a year after his death, with the television still on and his features preserved by dry conditions.

Vinnie Rupert, 75, apparently died of natural causes, according to Dr. Stuart Dawson, Suffolk County's deputy chief medical examiner. Southampton Town police found Rupert’s body this week when they responded to a report of burst pipes.

He was found in a chair in front of the television set, as though he were watching it. Rupert’s wife died years ago, and he lived alone.

The coroner said he hadn't been heard from in over a year, and nobody sounded the alarm.

Neighbor Dean Drysdale said residents at a gathering last month remarked that they hadn't seen him in some time, but didn't think to check on him.

Dr. Stuart Dawson went on to say “I was working in the lab late one night, When my eyes beheld an eerie sight, For my monster from his slab began to rise, And suddenly to my surprise… He did the mash (He did the monster mash), The monster mash (It was a graveyard smash ), He did the mash (It caught on in a flash), He did the mash (He did the monster mash).”
Dr. Dawson went on to say, “From my laboratory in the castle east, To the master bedroom where the vampires feast, The ghouls all came from their humble abodes, To get a jolt from my electrodes…They did the mash (They did the monster mash), The monster mash (It was a graveyard smash), They did the mash (It caught on in a flash), They did the mash (They did the monster mash).

Surprisingly, many neighbors were aware of the mash yet failed to alert officials to the graveyard smash at any time over the past year.

Beverly Billton, a neighbor of the late Mr. Rupert reported, “The zombies were having fun, The party had just begun, The guests included Wolf Man, Dracula and his son… The scene was rockin', all were digging the sounds, Igor on chains, backed by his baying hounds, The coffin-bangers were about to arrive, With their vocal group, "The Crypt-Kicker Five"… They played the mash (They played the monster mash), The monster mash (It was a graveyard smash), They played the mash (It caught on in a flash), They played the mash (They played the monster mash)”.

Beverly’s husband, Dusty later said, “Out from his coffin, Drac's voice did ring, Seems he was troubled by just one thing, He opened the lid and shook his fist, And said, "Whatever happened to my Transylvania twist?" …It's now the mash (It's now the monster mash), The monster mash (And it's a graveyard smash), It's now the mash (It's caught on in a flash), It's now the mash (It's now the monster mash)”.

Police sergeant Boris O’Neil said at the scene that “Now everything's cool, Drac's a part of the band , And my monster mash is the hit of the land, For you, the living, this mash was meant too, When you get to my door, tell them Boris sent you…Then you can mash (Then you can monster mash), The monster mash (And do my graveyard smash), Then you can mash (You'll catch on in a flash), Then you can mash (Then you can monster mash).

By File Boy

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah good for you man! I was wondering if this would find itself on to the pages of Why I Shoot Stuff! When I read about it on CNN I thought to myself – excellent headline! I wonder if FB will post this! I love the fact that the guy was sitting dead in front of the TV for a year! How great is that? Good thing he didn’t own a dog. That’s all I’m going to say about that!

Guess what the first question was that flashed through my mind when I read that story.
“Oooh! What channel?” I’d hate to have died with the TV tuned to FOX! OMG – how bad would that suck – to both be dead and stuck watching FOX!!!! Poor guy had to sit through a whole season of their shit and crappy news stories. I think I’d have died twice! If I’m going to die in front of the TV, I want to die tuned to the playboy channel or SPICE or Telemundo Si!!!!

And how about the poor neighbors – can you spell GUILT? First of all, the poor guy was blind. How friggen lazy can you be? Go knock on his friggen door! They’d have heard the TV blaring and could have called the cops before he totally dried up like a prune. But the weirdest thing is the power and cable companies. I want to switch to whoever was supplying him with electric and cable. Apparently you can stiff them for a whole year and they won’t shut off your power or box! SWEET!

5:29 PM  
Blogger S'girl said...

Do you think he was perhaps tuned to the Weather Channel and he died of boredom?

6:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG!

9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not going to take the bait on the weather channel comment, because if I did it would confirm to everyone just how much I love the weather channel. People would then know that I watch it at least once a day and often for hours in a single day if there is a snow event coming. I'm not going to tell you that I enjoy the various shows on the weather channel, like Storm Stories and Abrams and Bettes. I won't confirm to the likes of you people that I trust the weather channel for all of my weather needs. I certainly wouldn't point out that I have weather.com bookmarked on my computer as a "favorite".

If I were to confirm any of those things before you knew it people would then begin to speculate about whether or not I visit accuweather.com and read Henry Margusity's blog, or whether or not I enjoy Elliott Abrams' blog on weather. I certainly don't want people to think I visit Rob Guarino's blog on fox29.com, and I would go as far as to confirm suspicions that I have the Washington Observatory bookmarked on my computer along with several other "weather cam" sites just so I might be able to go to them and look at snow a various times througout the day.

I'm sure NOAA and the NWS might have sites that would keep me up to date on all of the climatological happenings, if I were inclined to visit those sites, which I'm not saying I do.

At any rate, it is mere speculation at this point to guess at what was playing on Mr. Mummy's tv, but I do hope for his sake it was something weather related. Even mummys need to know how to wrap before going outside.

9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a wrap.

1:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your mom raps.

2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you remember the part in the movie, Its A Wonderful Life, when George Bailey decides that he wants to live after all (as opposed to never having been born in the first place) and he runs back into town after hugging Bert the cop and George slides in the snow in front of the "Beford Falls" sign and he screams "HELLO BEDFORD FALLS!" You know how that's such a great moment and it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy? Well this blog is nothing like that.

3:07 PM  
Blogger S'girl said...

Was meterology school filled when you went to college -- or were you worried abt being a geek? Nah, that cldn't be it...

5:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Warm and fuzzy we aint.

Geek? Hmm, I suppose I am. I suppose I am.

I don't just limit my geekiness to weather though. Sure I have an unhealthy obsession with it, but I'm also into wildlife and the outdoors to a scary extent. I'm into hunting and tractors. I'm just a well-rounded geek.

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hangman
Free content provided by The Free Dictionary